We’ve got spirit

Seniors of Servite gather on the Rosary Campus (photo courtesy of Mrs. Ward)

Katie Thomas, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Last week was Spirit Week at Rosary, and students blew us away with their supreme spirit. Each day, Royals scoured their closets (and those of the people closest to them) to put together a perfectly themed outfit. From Pitbulls to cowgirls to men of Servite, each Royal stepped into school in style.

On Monday, Royals participated in “Matching Monday,” twinning with their friends and confusing teachers across campus. Senior Keira Sarni expressed, “Matching Monday was super fun. I loved getting to dress up in band tees with my friends!”

Pitbull makes a surprise appearance on Matching Monday! (Photo Credit: Ms. Barclay)

Tuesday followed with “Team Tuesday,” consisting of Royals sporting (pun-intended) jerseys from their favorite sports teams.

“Western Wednesday” brought hoards of cowboy hats and flannels to campus. Royals fully embraced their inner-cowboy: screams of “Yeehaw!” were even reported across the halls (in a voice that sounded scarily similar to that of Lauren Cottrell ’22).

Thursday was packed full of fun, consisting of class colors and our first full rally since the pandemic! The school was flooded with tutus, bodysuits, and glitter of red, white and gold. Students screamed as the homecoming court was presented in the gym, and the senior class won the highly coveted spirit stick.

Seniors pose with some Servite Friars before the Homecoming Rally. (Photo Credit: Irene Fernandez ’22)

Finally, students participated in Friar Friday, donning their Servite best. Many members of the senior class came in full pro-dress, jumping at the opportunity to dress like a true Friar (and earn some extra-credit in history class).  Anna DiCrisi ’22 said, “Friday has been my favorite. Servite pro-dress is so comfortable, and I feel so good looking in this. I’m considering making a formal petition to add this to our uniform options.”

The Royals are certainly ready to cheer on their brothers at the Homecoming game tonight, and to dance the night away at Homecoming tomorrow!