Freshman class officer elections

A unique freshman election poster.

A unique freshman election poster.

Ms. Barclay, Advisor

This week, the freshman class officers will be elected to the ASB after they give their speeches in the assembly hall during Flex today.

Freshman officer hopefuls from Mr. Bravo’s class stop in Room 208 for a quick interview. (Photo Credit: Ms. Barclay)

Currently there are a record-breaking number of students running for class office.

President
1. Elaina Borbon
2. Ella Paniagua
3. Kayla Trevino
4. Marissa Valencia
5. Bella Vecchione

Vice President
6. Annalise Adamsen
7. Sophia Aquino
8. Nisa Avalos
9. Shelby Villalobos

Secretary
10. Madeleine Cwiertny
11. Karina Orendain
12. Natalie Redding
13. Abby Zabala

Treasurer
14. Jazzlyn Sandoval
15. Demi Totah

Despite not knowing how Rosary’s current ASB operates, freshman president candidate Ella Panigua wants to make a difference and learn on the go: “I really want to make sure Rosary is a positive and uplifting environment.” The election also allowed her to spend time with her mom, whom she asked for guidance in writing her speech.

Vice-President candidates Sophia Aquino and Nisa Avalos each feel similarly to Panigua in that they want to make sure freshman year is memorable. Avalos hopes her previous ASB experience at St. Barbara’s school in Santa Ana will help secure her the election. She was the secretary in 6th grade and the student council president in 7th and 8th grades. The position required her to run fundraisers with her fellow officers. Avalos said she wants to run for freshman class president at Rosary because she feels “like it will be a good leadership opportunity.”

Jazzy Sandoval and Demi Totah are two hopefuls for the office of treasurer. Both feel confident that, if elected, they’ll do a great job. Sandoval, sister of current senior Jade, added, “I’m pretty responsible and organized.”

ASB Director Ms. Maggie LaBonte shared, “Among other duties, our freshman officers are responsible for helping make sure all sweatshirt orders are in, passing them out, making posters for the rallies, letting Mrs. Kappe know about any events coming up, and helping with the big-little sister lunch in November. They don’t have to come to ASB zero period, but we ask them to try and make a few of the Wednesday classes to hear what is taking place.”

The officers will make their brief election speeches today during the flex period. The winners are typically announced at the end of the day.

Here are some of the many election posters students running for office put up around campus this week:

Secretary Madeleine Cwiertny’s treasurer poster. (Photo Credit: Ms. Barclay)
 A classic election poster. (Photo Credit: Ms. Barclay)

A freshman election poster with props! (Photo Credit: Ms. Barclay)