Introducing: Dean Burboa

Dean+Burboa+is+all+smiles+in+this+picture+%0Awith+her+lovely+family.+

Photo Provided By: Dean Burboa

Dean Burboa is all smiles in this picture with her lovely family.

Daniela Arias, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

Along with a new school year, Rosary students also received the news that there will be a new dean.

This new dean is none other than 7 year Rosary dance coach, Dean Burboa.

I had the opportunity to interview our new dean and get to know her on a more personal level.

Q: Where were you born and raised?

I was born, raised, and still live in Long Beach, CA

Q: What is your favorite book or movie?

I honestly have a lot of favorite movies and books. I love a great crime novel and for movies, comedies and romantic comedies are my favorites! Currently with two young children, we watch A LOT of Disney movies with current favorites being “Raya and the Last Dragon,” my daughter’s favorite and “Home Alone,” my son’s absolute favorite movie!

Q: What is your favorite color and why?

Red is my favorite color because to me, it is the color of love. I also feel that it is a powerful and bold color. I especially like to wear red as I feel it gives me a little extra boost of confidence!

Q: I have heard that you are also the coach for the Rosary dance team. How was the transition from coaching the select girls on the dance team to now being the dean of a far larger group of students at Rosary?

Yes, I am currently in my 7th year of coaching the dance team and interestingly enough, I feel that there are a lot of similarities between coaching a dance team and being a dean. In many ways, I feel that my team has expanded, and I am now “coaching” 400+ students through their high school years. Just as my dancers have to follow our team rules, uniform requirements, and always try to do their best, we are asking the same of our royals. You (students) are so lucky to be here, and I hope to continue to encourage everyone to reach for the stars and of course continue to follow the rules because in the end that just helps you reach your ultimate college & career goals!

Q: What are you looking forward to most through your role as the dean at Rosary? What changes do you hope to implement at Rosary?

I have really enjoyed getting to know the students, and I continue to look forward to meeting so many more! I would not say that I am looking to implement change, but rather to encourage rule following & respect. Our Rosary honor code, handbook guidelines, and dress code are not in place to make life hard; they are in place to encourage learning and help assist in making each student a well-rounded, well-

Dean Burboa posing alongside fellow Rosary dance coaches
 Ms. Luebke ’13 and Coach Kaysie. (Photo Provided By: Dean Burboa )

educated, and responsible young woman.  In the “real world” one is going to need to follow the rules to be successful. Whether rules are put in place by a city, state, or country, if you break the rules at any of those places, there are consequences – just like we have here.

Q: Outside of coaching and being the dean of students at Rosary, what are some other hobbies/activities you enjoy?

Other hobbies and activities that I enjoy are spending time with my family, playing with my kids, working out, riding horses, cooking, and traveling.

The Rosary community is incredibly excited to welcome Dean Burboa as a new member of our ever-growing family!